Trump Pulls Back From Iran Strike at the Last Second — Gulf Leaders Begged Him to Stand Down

Marcus
By Marcus
562

710 people currently following

General 2

Trump called off Iran attack at request of Gulf states as he claims serious negotiations are finally underway

The missiles were ready. The target was set. Then the phone rang. Donald Trump says he called off a military attack on Iran planned for Tuesday because the leaders of Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates asked him to hold back. They told him a deal was close. One that would be very acceptable to the United States. No nuclear weapons for Iran. That was the promise.

Trump agreed to pause. But the threat did not disappear. He made it clear the US military is ready to launch a full large-scale assault on Iran at a moment’s notice if the negotiations collapse. The offer on the table is the only thing standing between Tehran and a rain of fire.

Trump called off Iran attack at request of Gulf states as Iran responds to the latest US proposal through Pakistani mediators

Iran has not publicly commented on Trump’s latest statement. But behind the scenes, exchanges are still moving. Earlier on Monday, Tehran confirmed it had responded to the most recent US proposal. Pakistani mediators are shuttling messages between the two sides. Iranian media had previously reported that Washington failed to make any concrete concessions. The mood was sour. Now Trump is signaling something may have shifted.

The demands remain stark. Iran wants an immediate end to the war on all fronts. A halt to the US naval blockade of its ports. Guarantees of no further attacks. Compensation for war damage. Full sovereignty over the Strait of Hormuz. Washington wants Iran to keep only one nuclear site operational and transfer its stockpile of highly enriched uranium to the United States. Trump has suggested he might accept a twenty-year suspension of the nuclear programme rather than a total shutdown. That gap has not closed.

The Ceasefire agreed in April is barely breathing. Trump said days ago it was on massive life support. He rejected Tehran’s demands as totally unacceptable. Then he warned the clock is ticking and there will be nothing left of Iran if it does not move fast. Now he says he stood down an attack because Gulf allies see a path to peace. Whether that path is real or just a delay before the inevitable is the question no one can answer yet.

The Strait of Hormuz remains choked. Oil prices are swinging wildly. The US blockade on Iranian ports continues. The war that began with air strikes on February 28 has paused but not ended. For now, the planes are grounded. The bombs are waiting. The Gulf states bought some time. What happens with it will determine whether this moment is remembered as the beginning of peace or the calm before the fire.

You have 10 free downloads remaining. Login or Register For More and less ads.
Proxy
Share This Article
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Discover

Trending
What's hot right now
🆕
Latest
Fresh content, real-time

Explore

Search

Menu

👤

Welcome to Vily Buzz

Follow what you love. Trending news, music, movies, apps, DJ mixtapes, webmaster tools & more.


Join Now & Get $1 Welcome Bonus